A question we often receive from End Consumers and Lash Stylists is why did we develop Synthetic/Faux Mink eyelash extensions instead of just using real mink hair? Xtreme Lashes Co-Founder and CEO, Jo Mousselli RN, explains why we chose to go faux in this special message.
As a Registered Nurse, health and safety are my primary objectives. With that said, the answer is simple: we don’t use real mink hair or any other animal hair to keep the End Consumer safe and to protect the reputation of our Xtreme Lashes Lash Stylists.
To elaborate further, here are six primary reasons why we do not use real mink or animal hair to create our eyelash extensions:
- Animal hair, including mink, may carry pathogens which are infectious micro-organisms (parasites, bacteria, viruses, and fungi).
- Animal hair, including mink, is a source of allergen for some clients.
- There is no control over the shape, diameter, and the taper of the lash extension when it is made of real mink or animal hair.
- When mink hair is used, chemicals must be used to create and hold the curl of the mink hair. This extra chemical additive may also interfere with adhesion between the lash extension and the natural lash, in addition to being a potential irritant or allergen.
- Although most claim to use mink hair, our research shows that eyelash extensions marketed as genuine mink, are in fact not– they are actually hair from other animals.
- Since mink hair harvesting is oceans away, where laws against animal cruelty are lacking, it is impossible to know if the animal hair or mink hair was extracted humanely or not.
Based on all the negative factors associated with using real mink hair or any animal hair in general, we chose to develop synthetic Faux Mink (synthetic mink) eyelash extensions instead. Xtreme Lashes Faux Mink eyelash extensions give you all the benefits of real mink: virtually weightless, flexible, mink-like softest and texture, but without the potential health hazards and animal cruelty concerns.
Furthermore, with Faux Mink eyelash extensions, we’re able to consistently control the diameter, shape, curvature and taper of each lash from base-to-tip in every batch of lashes that we manufacture. With a myriad of eyelash extensions in various styles, lengths, diameters, curvatures, colors, and tapers to choose at Xtreme Lashes, enjoy the peace of mind knowing that you can apply lashes worry-free, protect your reputation, and protect your clients- simply focus on unleashing your creativity and creating custom looks for every one of your clients.
Browse and shop our entire Faux Mink collection today. We carry over 1300 varieties of eyelash extensions across an array of lengths, curvatures, diameters, shapes, and colors.