Update March 2022: Per CDC guidelines, we have suspended the required use of PPE at our training programs. It is still optional for those attending to decide if wearing a mask or other PPE is right for them.
As the world continues to deal with the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, our hearts go out to all our professional lash extension stylists, their customers, and their communities who have been affected. Additionally, I hope you’re staying safe and healthy during this challenging time.
As a registered nurse, and a former pediatric ICU nurse, your health and safety has always been my number one priority. Over the past 15 years, from when we first introduced eyelash extensions to a global market, through the innovation of professional eyelash extension application supplies and techniques, curriculum, and eyelash extension compatible aftercare products and cosmetics, my mission has always been to ensure that our Lash Stylists practice safe application processes and procedures. We have employed a systematic approach to empower our clients (cosmetologists, estheticians, registered nurses, and other health & beauty professionals) with viable and sustainable beauty careers while delighting and protecting the consumers they serve in their salons, spas, and studios.
Global Technical & Regulatory Requirement & Registration: As an ICU nurse, I performed thousands of procedures during which safety and sanitation practices combined with the use of excellent products and precision tools were critical to the outcome of my critically ill patients. I used that knowledge to develop our eyelash extension application products, precision tools and consumer cosmetics. I am proud that our cosmetics are developed in accordance with the FDA guidelines, and comply with the stringent standards for Japan, Australia, Health Canada, the Middle East, and the European Union.
Quality Control & Quality Assurance: To assure quality products and to protect employees and customers from pathogens, and to prevent cross-contamination, we have quality control and quality assurance policies and procedures across product development, sales and service, education and training, and supply chain.
Single-Use Disposable Supplies: My mission has always been to ensure that our professional eyelash application supplies are either single-use and disposable, or made of materials that can be disinfected using hospital grade, EPA-approved disinfecting solutions and wipes to kill bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses.
Handwashing: The most important thing that all of us can do to protect ourselves and everyone around us from cross contamination is to always wash hands thoroughly for 20 seconds before and after eating, drinking, using the restroom, coughing, sneezing, touching any part of their face and before and after serving or caring for our clients and loved ones.
Current Best Practices: We have always trained our lash stylists to use best practices to provide safe, custom-designed and lasting eyelash extensions while preventing cross-contamination from infectious pathogens as follows:
- Conduct a pre-application consultation prior to every lash application using the Xtreme Lashes Consultation & Design Forms® designed to help you plan an individualized custom-designed eyelash extension while screening your client for medical conditions that may prevent them from receiving eyelash extensions and screening for signs and symptoms of infection. Abstain from applying lash extensions to the model/client if she is showing any signs or symptoms of the infection.
- Wash your hands before and after every lash application, and re-cleanse/sanitize your hands throughout the lash extension application every time you break contact with your client, or with the lash application supplies during every application.
- Follow universal precautions, which means treating every person you come in contact with as if they have an infectious disease that can be transmitted by coming into contact with their bodily fluids and airborne droplets from sneezing and coughing, and to take the necessary precautions as a result. Simultaneously, treat every client with respect so as to not transmit any pathogens to them by cleansing your hands and not touching your eyes, nose, face or any part of your body, or anything that you have not disinfected prior to starting your eyelash extension application. And, during application, if you touch non-disinfected items or yourself, re-sanitize your hands before proceeding with your lash application.
- Follow the Xtreme Lashes step-by-step eyelash extension process and procedure and:
- Use single-use disposable Xtreme Lashes supplies and segment the eyelash extensions for each individual client.
- Prior to every application, disinfect tweezers and scissors by soaking them in hospital grade EPA-approved liquid disinfectant that kills pathogens.
- Prior to every application, disinfect the surface of everything you use at your lash application station that is NOT disposable using hospital grade approved-EPA disinfectant.
- Change table covers, pillowcases, as well as sheets and/or blankets prior to the beginning of each lash application.
- If you contaminate any of your supplies or your hands, cleanse, disinfect, and discard. If in doubt, cleanse, disinfect or discard.
A note about our Trainers: Every Xtreme Lashes Certified Trainer has been thoughtfully selected to have passion and compassion, as well as having professional eyelash extensions application skills. Once selected, each trainer goes through extensive education and training at our corporate office in Houston, Texas, and must meet rigorous certification requirements in order to qualify to start training. Furthermore, every one of our trainers goes through a live virtual training every 2 weeks in order to stay informed of the latest application processes, procedures, product knowledge and education techniques.
Extra precautionary measures that we have implemented in response to COVID-19 effective immediately at our Training Programs to further protect our trainers, our students, our models, and our communities:
- Conducted a special Trainer in-service in response to COVID-19. As soon as the World Health Organization declared a pandemic, my education, product development, operations, and quality control leadership team members and I conducted a Special COVID-19 Inservice with all of our Trainers across the USA. The purpose of this in-service was to re-enforce our pre-existing safety, sanitation, and hygiene standard operating procedures during training and to also educate them on additional measures we have implemented at our training programs to further protect everyone at the training.
- Contacted the management of every training venue to ensure that they have enhanced their safety and sanitation processes and procedures as a result of COVID-19.
- Supplying a touch-free thermometer at every training: Every trainer, student and model will get a temperature reading at the beginning of each training day. Anyone with a fever will be asked to go home and can reschedule their training by contacting customer service within 24 hours from the date of being released from the training.
- Providing multiple bottles of hospital grade EPA-approved disinfecting solutions and wipes and requiring the trainer to wipe down high touch surfaces prior to conducting the training program and throughout training.
- Providing disposable masks: Note: Masks can either be a protective product that protects you against contracting or cross contaminating when used properly, or it can be a petri dish for pathogens when used improperly. Once a mask is applied, after you cleanse your hands, train yourself not to touch your face or your mask, even to readjust your mask, without cleansing your hands first and cleansing your hands immediately after you readjust or remove your mask.
- Enabling students to reschedule their training to a future training and waiving the rescheduling fees if a student is not able to attend training due to illness. If you are not feeling well, please call your Customer Success Manager as soon as possible, and no later than on the day of your scheduled training to reschedule into a future training program in accordance with our updated rescheduling policies.
Attending our hands on training: To protect the safety and wellbeing of our trainers, our students, their clients, and our community, we recommend that anyone who has signs and symptoms of illness, or falls within a high-risk group, NOT attend training at this time. We appreciate your understanding on this sensitive matter. Anyone who is asked to leave the training due to illness or signs and symptoms of illness by the trainer can reschedule their training to a future date by contacting customer service within 24 hours from the date of being released from the training.
The Xtreme Team: We know that partnering with the right eyelash extension company for quality products and hands-on training and certification is a major investment for you. We take your investment very seriously. Our product development innovation team of pharmacology and toxicology experts, professional lash stylists, technique & curriculum developers, cosmetic chemists, engineers, quality control experts, and customer success management team look forward to building a lasting partnership with you to support your journey as a confident and successful Lash Stylist.
Inventory management & Inventory protection: We have always practiced hand cleansing, sanitizing, and disinfecting surfaces when shipping our products and we are taking extra measures to ensure that everyone in our warehouse is re-educated, re-trained, and monitored to ensure that they cleanse or sanitize their hands prior to handling inventory. Any employee who has signs, symptoms of illness or has even a low-grade fever will be sent home.
Online Shopping – Professional Application & Consumer Products:
- We are fully stocked and able to process and ship your orders.
- Customer Success & Technical Support from live agents: We will continue to serve you anytime you wish to place an order and/or need assistance from live agents including your Customer Success Managers to place an order, to receive business support, or to speak to a Certified Trainer to receive live eyelash extensions technical support 7 days a week.
As the lash extensions industry pioneer, I knew that it was my responsibility to use my knowledge and experience as a pediatric ICU nurse, to lead the industry through the development of products and education based on a foundation of efficacy, safety, and support. In 2005 we revolutionized the beauty industry by bringing eyelash extensions to the US and across the world and, today, my team and I are committed to continue to innovate and support you, especially during these challenging times. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 1-877-BIG-LASH.
Your success and safety are my #1 priority!
Jo Mousselli, RN, BSN
Co-Founder, President & CEO
Speak with Your Customer Success Manager: